Product Loading Jetty Ichthys, Darwin, Australia
INPEX Operations Australia Pty Ltd is the proponent for the construction and operation of hydrocarbon production and export facilities that are required for the development of the Ichthys gas field located off the northern coast of Western Australia. The gas will be transported through a subsea pipeline more than 800 kilometres to the onshore LNG processing plant that will be located at Blaydin Point near Darwin in the Northern Territory. As part of this development, extensive onshore facilities are required, including an access jetty that serve as a loading facility for Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG), Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) and condensate products. JGC KBR Chiyoda Joint Venture, acting as main contractor for the onshore LNG facility, has awarded the subcontract for design and construct of the Jetty to BAM Clough JV.
DMC was contracted by BAM Clough JV as their civil marine designer for the Jetty and as such responsible for the design of the Jetty structure during tender, basic and detailed design. During construction also site engineering support is delivered as well as a geotechnical engineer conducting and interpreting PDA pile tests.
The scope of DMC comprises the civil marine design of:
- 1.3 km of Approach Trestle Structure (steel piles, concrete headstocks and pre-stressed concrete deck beams)
- Electrical and Instrumentation Platform (steel piles, steel concrete composite deck)
- LNG Loading Platform (steel jacket type)
- LPG/Condensate Loading Platform (steeljacket type)
- Mooring and Breasting Dolphins (steeljacket type) including fender system
- Provisions for Waste Water Outfall
- Sea Water Intake support structure
- Navigation Aids